Use 1 1/2 Pint of fresh Red or black wild raspberries makes this simple syrup both aromatic and flavorful. Use the syrup within 2 weeks or add 1 ounce of vodka to act as a preservative so it keeps for a longer period of time.
- 1 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 11/2 cup unbleached sugar
- 1-3/4 cup water
- The amount on this recipe will not yield a lot of syrup but it'll give you an idea if you want more just increase your ingredients
- Place the fresh raspberries, sugar and water into a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to cool before straining (see note at the bottom )the mixture and placing into a bottle.it'll last about a week and it's great with pancakes French toast or pour on your ice cream or over your ice cream and brownies
- If you want to preserve it for more than a week add 1 ounce of vodka that will act as a preservative it'll give you about two weeks
If you go to any hardware store purchase one paint strainer it's used to strain the seats and pulp they're made out of paper they work really good and they're not expensive
As for the bottle we used a empty bottle waters
So don't forget a funnel