Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Might as well Tear it down

So we're in the tear down mode
We think the torque converter if possibly the culprit  however some things point to the clutches
So he's doing a tear down today to give himself and I some peace of mind now and down the road 
The last thing he or I need to do is say it was not changed out and there's a warranty with all parts and labor for 12000/ 12mo,s 
So now all I'm waiting for is a phone call to see the old /  new parts inspection 
He,s using  a Bullet TC with a better grade clutches  and hooking up the temp gage that was not hooked up when I got the truck 
So looks like a day or 2 more
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

If you ever wonder how much fun I'm having here's a sample 
And why to not buy a big ticket item from EBAY motors WITH OUT  an independent inspection

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 4:52 AM, Mister Ed <cocoafish@hotmail.com> wrote:
Thank for the junk truck u sold me 
In your add u stated u drove it  and it ran fine thats BS
If u did u would have felt the brake pulseing  right rear rotor was bad 100.$$
Also u said everything works   Well the Banks exhaust brake systems was inoperable
The Gage's not hooked up exhaust brake computer bad the trans commander bad 
That was one of the reasons I bought this truck well none of it works 
U stated a clean car fax  this truck has been a front end accident (and we think the truck bed has been replaced 
Poor paint job done and red paint under the blue )

How do we know looking at the hood will not line up with a gap of 3/4 in space on each hood to fender 
Now I told u about the oil leak by the front radiator
Well that turns  out that the front end was damaged to the point that the banks aftercooler was stretched 
Resulting in 11 core tubes splitting 
And your statement saying the truck has no blowby BS
Replacing aftercooler / trans cooler (bent)1500.$$
Getting back to the front end damage  in order to install the aftercooler the shop had to use a comalong  
To pull the fender frames in 2in  that's 1in each
Now 3 weeks later  ford had to replace 4 diesel injectors at the tune of 2490.$$$
That would have shown up on a computer test  u said u performed
Fast forward today im looking at a 3000.$$ transmission repair thank to u I will never buy and 
Auto or truck from u or  eBay ever  and or recommend anyone to to this type of buying 
So feel free to send me a check  
Ed F
On May 13, 2014, at 9:53 AM, "T.A.G." <transglobalag@gmail.com> wrote:

Why did you not call us about all of the issues you were having earlier, you bought the truck almost 5 months ago. I would have bought the truck back if all of these issues were coming up or I could have checked it in an auction in your home state and would have received your money back that way. I am not saying there are no issues or any one is lying, however it is a little weird that all of these things would have gone wrong and not one issue showed up when we did the inspection. I did not lie one word, we did everything I said we did. I would have never taken that truck to the dealer. The FORD dealerships here have all advised me to find a diesel mechanic many many moons ago due to the fact that most mechanics working at the dealer are only computer readers. They are only trained in the current engines and current makes and models because they have to know how to do warranty repairs. So all it sounds like to me is that this mechanic is only swapping parts because he doesn't know what hes doing and hes just trying to make his money. Ford dealers here in Houston would not charge $3000 to swap 4 injectors, that just doesn't make any sense. These prices you have sent me are way off compared to everywhere else. You have to remember, I have been in the diesel truck business for 15 years, this isnt my first time. Something just doesn't make sense. Not sure why you are contacting me about it now and not sooner, especially if you have an estimated $7K dollars in repairs.  How can a truck have that many issues and have been previously inspected. As I said before, I did not lie about one thing I wrote, I personally drove that truck and had no issues. If you need help selling it an auction, I will do so. Let me know. 


First off 
Day one truck had brake pulsing took tires off found LR rotor bad put new one on   Napa 70$$
Fixed 
1 week after the truck was in my hands I had a skip in the motor which led me to fuel starving
So I had ford replace the fuel filter  runs fine after that 
On or about 3/5/14 I told you about an oil leak and sent photos to you as you asked  no reply?
On 3/15/14 I took the truck to central Florida diesel performance
There findings was banks inter  cooler split right side 8 to 10 tubes can't replace 
Trans cooler bent cheaper to replace ( went to a upgrade large with new hoses
 Now when reinstalling intercooler the owner and his installer told me this truck has had front end damage 
That explain to us the gap in the hood and fenders  spacing
(Note 3day later i took it to a ford body shop confirmed the same thing front end has been hit And a sloppy fit 
)   
At the same time I asked CFDP to check the  banks brake system 
The 3 Gage's on the pillar post did not work wires there but NOT hooked up and to short need harness
Banks computer was not plugged in, power wire was off 
After plugging it in light came on no testing after that point 
Then he went to the banks trans commander no wire harness 
Order one from banks out of west coast  75$$
After it was installed the unit turned out to be dead 
Now the bill came to 1554.59$$
Now at this point I'm pissed however I'm 3day away from my trip to the west coast after postponing it by 4days
To do this work 
At this point it was bit the bullet on the cost  of a 10 year old truck and the trip west was on top

Now the straw that did the camels back 
In Holbrook Az I could not start the truck 
Had to call a tow truck and take it to a dealer 
Filter was ok
It ran but a lot of skip took the valve covers of and check the injectors
( I was standing there to check the mechanic  test)
We found 3 that were bad all on the right bank
Quote from ford 2300.$$  for all 4 on the right bank  the final bill was 2483.71
(I called 2 ford dealers one in Az and 1 in  Fl  there quote was 2500$$ for replacing only the 3 )

Now today flagstaff Az I'm sitting in a campground at 335$ pr week and need to rent a car at 38$$ a day 
 To get around with out a truck,,, and am looking at 3400$$ to rebuild the transmission
So after buying a 11000$$ 2003 truck that was supposed to have all the bells toys AND be a real fine F350
How and he'll do you think I should feel after spending 4000$$ Plus the 3400$$ coming up
After owning the truck for about 5mo,  had this trip taken me by way of Houston you would have understand 
My feelings 
E. F.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment